Don't you think it should work like this:
You have a desire, you dwell upon it, move with it, and presto, it manifests?
Or, you fall in love at the right time, with the right person, they fall in love, the timing is perfect, and bingo, the earth moves.
Or, you have a huge question, you turn it over to me, forget about it, and ta-da, you just know.
Me, too. Which, actually, is exactly how it does work, Daniel, in the absence of fear.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
count the number of hits the website received
every time someone visits the site, PHP will one to the last number it showed, and then save that so it can recall it later
it needs to open a text file
then read it
read the number out of there
display that number
save it back to the file
And then we realized that I had no idea what was going on, so we agreed that i need to start copying out examples from SAMS PHP again; except this time, when i don't understand the explanations, i'll ask him questions. Ron gave me his other e-mail address. I suppose I could ask these questions also in the php freaks forums.
edit: For when I eventually get around to creating this script, use this guide to echo the date: http://ca3.php.net/date
Friday, February 22, 2008
for the sake of learning, you're better off figuring stuff out on your own than having someone hold your hand
i miss ryan holding my hand
but there's a point where you need to cut the umbilical cord
are you saying that i don't belong here because i am too old and i sitll ask newb questions?
no. i was just pointing out that one of slackware's benefits is that it allows you to learn alot about linux, you negate said benefit by having other people 'fix' every little problem you encounter. if you have someone help you for every insignificant issue you encounter you'll build up bad habbits that will extend beyond computer operating systems
any more useful advice?
yeah, floss your teeth
we laugh together
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
This is a documentry covering the centralization of the American economy and its inevitable collapse. Debt -- government, coporate and hosehold has reached astronomical propotions. Where does all this money come from? How could there be that mouch money to lend? The answer is...there isn't! Today, money is debt. If there were no debt, there would be no money. If this is puzzling to you, you are not alone. Very few people understand, even though all of us are affected. This fast paced and highly entertaining animated feature by artist and videographer, Paul Grignon explains today's magically perverse debt-money system in terms that are easyy to understand.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Creating is not about making things happen through action. In fact, creating is not about making things happen at all. Creating is about allowing the thing that you desire to happen, and the allowing happens through Energy alignment, not through action.
This is from page 57. Here is an excerpt from the book.
Monday, February 4, 2008
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life".
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're "alive", that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better a place than "here". When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.